Saturday, June 20, 2009

Tidbits


I don't really have a ton to post about, but in the spirit of trying to post more regularly I'm gonna post anyway. :-) School is "out" for summer, and I'm officially on break. However, when I think about my summer, it's going to slip away very quickly.

Next week, I head to Arkansas to test for my fourth degree black belt. I'm excited, but right now my body is exhausted. If you didn't know otherwise, you'd think I'm being beat up. My right shin has a huge bruise from sparring without shin guards, my right forearm is swollen and yucky black and blue from sparring an out of control green belt who's about twice my size, and my right foot is bruised from breaking boards (sometimes they "bite" when you break them). Everything is sore, but it's all worth it. I've been training really hard and am excited that it will pay off. In addition to training at taekwondo, I've been keeping up the regular work out routine on the treadmill and elliptical. Testing is Thursday at 10 a.m. at the LR Convention Center.

When I come back from Arkansas, I have a few days until Chris and Susan come visit. We have plans to visit the coast, see American Idol at their first stop in Portland, and head to Seattle for some Mariner's baseball (and shopping!!). Then, Ricky heads to England for 10 days with the Soccer team. When he gets home, we will be packing for the move to Portland. We have August to spend enjoying the new city, and then work begins full time.

Somewhere in here, I hope to get my dissertation results and discussion section finished and passed on to my committee. I think I can do it! ;-) I really, really want to have it pretty much done by the time work starts in the end of August.

I'll leave you with a few pictures...


Family Portrait ;-)


Voodoo donuts in Portland. They make them almost any way you can imagine. A sure tourist stop for any of you who come to visit us while we live in Portland.

Ricky excited about voodoo donuts.

1 comment:

Laura said...

love the family portrait. :-)