Friday, July 2, 2010

Parental Visit

I know I'm a bit behind on blogging, but all this "entertaining" has me barely keeping up with my words with friends (aka Scrabble for iphone/itouch users) games much less blogging! As you know, my parents were able to come spend almost two weeks in Oregon with us (they used me graduating as a good excuse to come out). :) We had a great time. It was awesome that they were able to stay so long because we didn't have to rush around like crazy, but we still didn't get everything in. My mom had a lot of "firsts" on this trip (her first baseball game, her first pedicure, her first time on the public transit system train...I'm sure there were others but I'm blanking right now), which was fun. Here are a few pictures documenting some of their visit.

A trip to the coast. Overcast seems to be the theme for the coast when they come to visit. Nonetheless, it is always beautiful.




Haystack Rock. It was low tide, which meant we got to explore some of the tide pools that form around the rock.







Sturgeon fishing trip. Don't they look like dinosaurs? I think they've been around about that long.

My dad and the fishing guide.

Too bad he didn't have any fun!

We bought these fresh Oregon strawberries at the farmer's market. They were even better than they look (and in fact we bought two 1/2 flats of them while they were here).

Some of them were turned into freezer jam. :-)


We were able to sneak a visit to the nike employee store. Their products are seasonal and sometimes hit and miss, but everything is half price. I snapped this shot on my phone. Doesn't she look like a kid in a candy store?!


It was so great to have my parents out. Hope we can do it again soon.

No comments: