Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Plunge

Ricky and I just made a decision. A BIG decision (for us, anyway). We are taking the plunge. No longer will we sit in the world of PC and wonder about the world of mac. We will now straddle the lines (our home computer is a PC). Today we purchased a macbook. It's beautiful, 13" and aluminum. More than anything it comes with 3 years peace of mind aka apple support. It should arrive one day next week. We've been looking at macs for a long time but didn't make the purchase because much statistical software isn't made for macs. Now, however, I can just purchase windows and bam--problem solved. I'm sure I'll be looking to my mac friends for support on the "how to's." But we're excited.

In other news, I had my internship interview yesterday. It went great. I didn't feel nervous, just prepared. I met with a school psychologist and the director of special education. They asked lots of great questions, and I felt that I had pretty good answers for them. I think they are two people I could definitely enjoy working for/with, and I was impressed at the types of questions they asked. It tells me they know what they are looking for and that the job is a good fit for what I'd like to do in the next few years. I should hear within the next week or two (they still have to check references and such). I'll keep ya posted. Thanks for the prayers and well wishes.

1 comment:

jennybee said...

Yay on both accounts! I love my Mac. I thought I would straddle the line, too, but I can count the number of times I've used my PC in the past six months on my hand. There is just no comparison. It's so easy, fun, functional. I'll never go back. Now I just have to figure out how to best get rid of the PC.

Knew you would ace the interview. You never really know how the competitive process and their decision-making will go, but I love leaving an interview feeling that good about the fit (and not embarrassing myself). Hope it all turns out splendidly.