Saturday, December 6, 2008

Here goes nothing...





Well, here we go. As a little girl, I loved journals (I called them "diaries" back then). I must have owned at least 15 different ones over the course of my late elementary and junior high years--sparkly ones, fluorescent colored ones, ones with locks, one with a special pen. I enjoyed writing in them, but after a few weeks...well, you can probably guess.

But I've been reading Laura's blog for almost a year now, and I've decided to give this a shot. I mean, how hard can it be? I'm a much quicker typer than writer, and I will have an opportunity to share with friends and family... And, I must mention Ricky finally got brave and started his own blog, so as you know, I can't let him show me up!

I'm actually excited about getting a chance to chronicle things that happen in my life, especially the small ones that can so quickly slip by and be gone forever. I'm also excited just to have a regular chance to unwind this way (hence the title). So, for my readers, I'm going to lay some ground rules...because I'm a firm beliver in teaching expectations to prevent future problems! (Thanks, UO SPSY program!)

1. This is my space. All readers all welcome, but I'm not promising to always say "the right thing."

2. This should be fun for me. So, I'm not going to write technically. You might find typos, spelling errors, funky punctuation, and super long or incomplete sentences. Too bad (unless Candy will volunteer to come along and edit). :)

3. I would like blogging to happen regularly, but I also know habits take a while to form, so if you're following this and you haven't seen a post for a few days...let me know you want to hear from me! You can help me develop my habit.

4. I'm a big believer in praise and positive feedback, so keep the negative thoughts to a minimum. ;)

Umm... I think that's it for expectations. Let's get to unwinding.

1 comment:

Laura said...

YAY! This so made my morning!

I'm excited. :-D