Thursday, December 11, 2008

Labor & delivery















It's been a good week. I'm making progress on my "to do" list and even got a cool new application added to my iphone that let's me check things off (and turn them green) when they're done! I have spent much of the week running from school to school and training people to collect data for me on their laptops. I have an amazing group of people who have been super willing to support me. There's no way I'd ever get this done without the great group of teachers, administrators, and peers/colleagues that are a part of my life. It's going better than I expected. Yay! But tonight...tonight I'm anxious.

Because my bestest friend, Laura, is having a baby. Yep, and she's all the way in Boston, which stinks! So, even if she were to have Abby in the next two hours, Abby's birthday will be tomorrow (12/12) even though it's still 12/11 for two more hours here. Weird! Thank goodness for Kyle. He's a technology guy, and I get email updates every few hours. I can't wait for the news of a healthy, beautiful baby Abby and a healthy, happy mom. Laura is the first preggy person I've known well enough to ask lots of details about pregnancy, so I've kind of gotten to live this one vicarously through her (without actually having to deal with the day-to-day side effects like not being able to bend over or lay on my stomach).

This time is even more exciting because Kyle & Laura have asked Ricky & me to be Abby's godparents. We are super excited to play this role and feel very honored that they would chose us for this. I'm already looking forward to having a little play buddy, and Ricky is suggesting we should get to working on a boy so we can set him up with Abby to be sweethearts! ;)

I'm attaching a few pictures of our Hawaii vacation with Kyle and Laura because I love them so much and want to document and share our amazing vacation!

1 comment:

Laura said...

yes yes, I'm at the point where I'm reading old blogs on other people's sites to waste time - but I just couldn't help but look at those pictures and think that we had one awesome vacation. Really. It was amazing! Defiantly the best vacation I've ever been on - and I'm sure that's because you guys were there. I mean, it being in Hawaii helped.. ;-)

miss you.